July 30, 2012

Terrific Tech Tools (part 3 of 3)


*Update: I have a new blog! Please follow me there as this one will be phased out soon! Click the button below to head over to that blog. All posts from this blog have been migrated to that blog.

The Littlest Superheroes


So, I promised a "part three" to the terrific tech tools, and here it is! (After about 7 months of blog silence... sorry.) Anyway, what I'm going to tell you about today is a tech tool that I have yet to explore myself: Edmodo.


It's like Facebook, but for educational purposes. I have a colleague who uses Edmodo as a homework tool. Her students (4th graders) were really engaged in the homework because they felt like they were on Facebook. (Most of their parents wouldn't allow them to sign up for the real Facebook.) She liked it because it helped her to teach her students about using social media properly. Since I don't actually know that much about it myself, I'm going to point you in the direction of an event that will help you learn more about it: EdmodoCon!


It is an online event that takes place on Wednesday, August 8th and it allows you to pick and choose the sessions that apply to you. I just signed up and many of the topics look interesting to me. Here is the list of topics so you can see for yourself. I think I'll be attending Using Edmodo to Enhance the Language Arts Curriculum, Edmodo for Young Learners, and Teaching Digital Citizenship.

It seems as though whether or not you use Edmodo, you could learn something about teaching with digital tools by attending this conference. Since the site and the conference are free, I'd say it's a pretty good deal, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment